Features & Benefits
- Waterproof and corrosion proof.
- Pre-filled with a non-toxic sealant that eliminates hazmat requirements.
- Re-enterable housing allows for splice examination.
- Visible inspection without opening encapsulated splice.
- Includes mounting tabs to securely attach splice box to structure.
- One-piece for easy installation.
- No assembly or set-up time required.
- Eliminates heat shrinks, primers, tapes, and epoxy packs.
- Designed to protect cathodic splices from corrosion.
- For use in outdoor or direct-burial locations.
- For making tap or branch splices on insulated cables rated up to 50V.
Eliminates these time-consuming steps:
- Two-part epoxy mixing and messy pouring methods
- Ambient temperature issues
- Set-up time
- Hazmat requirements with transporting materials
- Heat shrinks, primers, tapes, and epoxy packs
- Maximum Voltage: 50V
- Temperature Rating: -40° - 90°C (194°F)
- Wire Range: Main: #8 - 1/0, Tap: #12 - #4
A = 1.75" (4.45 cm)
B = 3.35" (8.51 cm)
C = 0.98" (2.49 cm)
D = 5.50" (13.97 cm)
E = 0.25" (0.64 cm)
F = 6.69" (16.99 cm)
G = 1.81" (4.60 CM)
Product Testing Information
- 500-hour salt fog.
- Immersion / heating / cooling sequence:
24 hours water immersion → 72 hours at 75°C → 24 hours water immersion → 4 hours at -18°C → 24 hours water immersion
- 336 hours of immersion in 10% chlorine solution.
- 336 hours of immersion in 5% salt water solution.
- 30 minute water submersion at 6 feet followed by dielectric at 1000 Vac.
- Impact at ambient and following 168 hours at 110°C. 4 hour water immersion following impact.
- Gel is a cross-linked silicone polymer.
- The above tests were conducted with separate sets of samples.
- Each numbered bullet represents a separate set of samples.
- Dielectric at 1,000 Vac and insulation resistance tests at 250 Vdc conducted following all 24-hour immersions.
- Chlorine and salt water immersion and impact testing after each test.
- Install electrical connection per connector manufacturer’s instructions.
- Lay main conductor into conductor cradles centering electrical connector as shown in Figure A.
- Position Tap conductor as shown in Figure A. Note: Tap conductor can be positioned to exit either side of housing.
- Install wire ties tightly around main conductor. Cut remaining length of wire tie and discard.
- Close housing verifying it is securely latched.