Cygnus Instruments have designed the Cygnus Heavy Duty ultrasonic thickness gage for use in tough and demanding environments where a rugged construction is essential to accurately gage corrosion measurement and determine metal thickness without having to removing protective coatings.
The Cygnus Heavy Duty is dirt resistant, dust resistant and water resistant. Its shock-proof construction takes into account the unstable environments in which corrosion thickness measurements and structural inspections are performed, resulting in a metal thickness gage that is able to withstand accidental drops, bangs and knocks.
- Heavy duty sealed unit - highly water and dust resistant
- Rugged construction - shock proof
- Stable calibration - linear accuracy - no zero adjustment
- Self verification of the measurements to ensure accuracy
- Various probe options
- Displays sound velocity settings
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement
- Bright LED display with polarised filter
- Gauge senses probe type and automatically adjusts settings for optimum performance
- Low battery warning
- Metric / Imperial switchable
- Deep-Coat mode for coatings up to 20 mm (3/4") thick.
For optimum performance of the ultrasonic thickness gauge it is essential to utilise the appropriate probe for the specific material being tested. Here below are the probe options available.
Single crystal soft-faced compression
6 mm - 5 MHz
13 mm - 2.25, 3.5 or 5 MHz
19 mm - 2.25 MHz
Instrument, heavy duty remote 2.25 MHz x 13 mm (1/2") diameter probe, battery pack, spare membranes and ‘O’ rings, steel test block, calibration trim tool, operational manual and carry case.