- Light, rugged, small and shock-proof within IP65 & IP67 sealed aluminum enclosure
- Gauge senses probe type and automatically adjusts settings for optimum performance
- Valid thickness measurements and minimum thickness function
- LCD graphic display with automatic white backlight
- Cygnus Echo-Strength bars assist thickness measurements
- Simple gauge and menu operation with 3 tactile keys
- Protective silicone sleeve offers maximum protection and versatility
- Secure, twist-to-lock probe connection (BNC)
- Deep-Coat mode for coatings up to 20 mm (3/4") thick
- Rugged probe cable designed for superior flexibility.
The new Cygnus 4 is the most versatile through coating thickness gauge available and perfect for all lighting conditions.
Lighter and simpler to use, yet accurate and very durable!
Ideal for use on flat surfaces or pipes. Our multiple echo single crystal probe technology means you can measure through thick coatings and only the remaining metal thickness is displayed.
- Measures remaining metal thickness on corroded and coated structures
- All measurements are error checked using 3 return echoes to give repeatable, reliable results
- Accepted by all major classification societies
- Greatly reduces inspection time and costs
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement.
With multiple echo, readings are taken by measuring the time delay between any three consecutive backwall echos. The time of T1 (coating thickness) is ignored. The times of T2 and T3 are equal to the time that it takes to travel through the metal. Only by looking at three echoes can the measurements be automatically verified (where T2 = T3).