Farwest has taken the reliable UltraMag magnesium anode and enhanced it with a new rod-style core for easier and more secure cable attachment. Rather then the standard ribbon core, we use a 1/4" diameter steel rod core, where we connect the desired type and length of cable. This alternative connection method has several advantages that include:
- No hazardous sealant or primer is needed or used to seal the cable-to-anode connection, which is good for the environment.
- Worker safety is improved by eliminating the labor intensive molten liquid sealant.
- Superior protection of the cable from sharp bends as this connection method is much more tolerant of multiple bends.
- Copper cable does not become brittle due to overheating of the copper.
- More consistent connections
Farwest has conducted tests to prove that this new connection method is superior to the "standard" ribbon core connection and we can provide test information if needed. While the ribbon core connection technique has been used in the cathodic protection industry for well over forty years, the steel rod core connection method provides a simpler, more consistent connection, one that is less prone to failure during shipping and handling.