SP-2888® R.G. is an epoxy/polyurethane Hybrid coating based on “State of the Art” epoxy/urethane chemistry. The synergistic effect of co-polymerizing epoxy and polyurethane produces a coating with the superior adhesion and corrosion resistance of an epoxy along with the added toughness of a polyurethane.
This environmently friendly, 100% solids, no VOCs & isocyanate free, two component coating system is available in Brush Grade, Spray Grade, Repair Cartridges and Spray Cartridges. SP-2888® R.G. is the coating most preferred for protection of steel and other metal surfaces from severe corrosion and abrasion.
- SP-2888 R.G. can be used as an external and/or internal lining for pipes, valves and fittings, girth welds for buried or immersed services, rehabilitation on existing pipelines, slip bore and directional drilling applications.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent resistance to cathodic disbonding up to 85˚C (185˚F)
- Excellent adhesion to grit blasted steel surfaces, Fusion Bond Epoxy (FBE), Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP) and Polyolefin (PP/PE)
- Excellent abrasion, chemical, water absorption and impact resistance
- Good flexibility
- High build single coat application >50 mils
- 100% solids, zero VOCs, Isocyanate free, environmentally friendly & safe
- Easily applied by spray, brush, roller or cartridge
SP-2888 RG meets or exceeds FBE coating performance requirements, as specified in USA (NACE RP0394) Standard.