PowerFill is the economical solution for areas with difficult grounding problems. It is highly conductive wet or dry yet does not require moisture to lower the resistance of a grounding system. PowerFill carries an NSF certification (Certified to NSF/ANSI standard 60) enabling installation around underground potable water systems. PowerFill also contains a corrosion inhibitor which forms a film on the copper creating a barrier against corrosion.
PowerFill is designed to be used in conjunction with all standard copper grounding equipment allowing for a greater variance in design that would otherwise be uneconomical.
PowerFill can be poured in dry or pumped in slurry form. No tamping required. It is very worker friendly. No special tools are required.
- Positive low resistance, electrical connection to the earth.
- Compatible with all copper grounding systems.
- Does not contain any hazardous chemicals.
- Will attain a hardened state.
- Will not leech into the ground or wash away.
- Never needs recharging.
- Electrically conductive.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Stable permanent ground for the life of the grounding system.
- Contains a corrosion inhibitor to protect copper.
- Will not expand or experience any shrinkage.
- Not affected by freezing.
- Simple to install.
- Excellent shelf life with no performance effects.
To calculate the amount of material required to fill a trench. First, determine your desired thickness of PowerFill. Second, move to the right until you are under the known width of the trench. This number will be the weight of the material lbs/linear ft. Take this number and multiply by the length of the trench in feet. Your answer will be the amount of PowerFill material required to fill the trench to the desired level in lbs.
- Thickness of trench: 6 inches
- Width of trench: 12 inches
- Answer: 36.4 pounds/linear foot
Vertical Installation: Drill or dig the earth hole to the desired diameter and depth. Suspend groundrod in center of hole to be filled. Pour PowerFill until desired level is obtained. Remove excess water prior to pumping. If necessary, PowerFill may be pre-mixed and pumped under water.
Horizontal or Grid Construction:
Entire grounding system should be surrounded by PowerFill. Conductors should be insulated as they exit the PowerFill column.
- Pour into horizontal trench until level of ground wire is reached.
- Place ground wire.
- Pour in additional PowerFill until ground wire is covered to desired height.
- Cover with fill. No tamping is necessary.
- Pour PowerFill and spread over ground until desired thickness is achieved.
- Cover with fill.
The use of PowerFill around the grounding system will reduce surge impedance by increasing the effective contact area of the electrode to the soil.
Loresco PowerFill is shipped in fifty (50) pound (22.7 kg) coated, woven polypropylene bags. Pallets are available with fifty bags per pallet. Proven export packaging is available.