The CANUSA-CPS Multi-Layer System is a heat shrinkable joint protection system which consists of three layers - crosslinked polyolefin backing, hot melt adhesive, and a two-part epoxy primer. This new and improved Multi-Layer System, designed for operating temperatures up to 80ºC (75ºF), combines excellent corrosion protection with lower pipe preheat temperatures than required with comparable sleeves of traditional design. The three-layer sleeve system is fully compatible with Fusion Bonded Epoxy and with-direct bond or three-layer polyethylene line coatings.
Historically, achievement of superior performance levels at these temperatures would require a two-layer sleeve or tape with a hot-melt adhesive requiring very high pre-heat temperatures. The new Multi-Layer System can achieve high adhesion to steel with significantly lower preheat in the field. Lower pre-heat will save both time and money during pipeline construction. The Multi-Layer System will provide pipeline joint protection with long-term integrity.
- Fast, reliable installation
- No special tools or training
- Can inspect epoxy application prior to sleeve installation
- High build epoxy primer
- One-piece sleeve configuration
- Broad range of product sizes
- Field friendly
- Long term pipeline integrity
- No high pre-heat required
- Does not require highly skilled installers
- Lower installed cost
- Minimizes entrapped air
- Ensures maximum epoxy primer protection