GlobalSolarHybrid™ by Global Thermoelectric, Inc. is a high-grade photovoltaic (PV) power system backed by an ultra-reliable thermoelectric generator (TEG) that operates on natural gas or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) in any weather. The combination of PV and TEG has created a remote prime power solution that is both reliable and respectful of the environment. It can have lower initial costs than solar-only systems, and lower operating costs than fuel-based systems.
GlobalSolarHybrid hybrid power ensures bulletproof, 24/7/365 operation for applications such as wellhead monitoring equipment, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), cathodic protection, and communications equipment. It overcomes the limitation of pure solar power, which can be unreliable depending on weather. By utilizing solar power when available, it overcomes the operating and maintenance costs of fuel-only power systems.
GlobalSolarHybrid is respectful of the environment. It has significantly lower fuel use and greenhouse gas emissions than most other power generation technologies. It has a smaller environmental footprint than pure solar systems, since it uses fewer PV panels and batteries, and extends the life of those batteries.
GlobalSolarHybrid is ideal when:
- Solar is an attractive option but high reliability is required.
- Where solar conditions are not well known.
- Fuel consumption must be minimized.
- Only liquid fuel is available.
- Long intervals are desired between site visits.
- Load ranges up to 150 Watts.
- Cathodic protection.
- Telecom service providers for small remote repeaters.
- SCADA systems of all types.
- Pipeline or wellhead automation and monitoring.
- Security and surveillance applications difference.
- Reduced initial cost
- Increased reliability
- Lower operating costs than fuel based system
- Reduced overall maintenanc
- Environmentally sensitive
- Can be created out of an existing PV system
Two standard configurations: