- Optional external power source available.
- Measurement range is selected automatically -- typically 2, 20, or 200 A., within seconds of a change of input current. Zero is also automatically and precisely set.
- AutoMER™ model DC Amp Current Clips are generally more accurate. They are constructed to substantially reduce zero offset error due to residual magnetism in transmission line pipe, or magnets in vehicles. The benefit is usually two or three to one over comparable standard Swain Meters.
- Polarity (direction of flow) of measured current is shown both on the LCD meter and also at the output terminals.
- AutoMER™ is fully portable, with 50 hr. battery and "Low Batt" icon.
- In "Auto", Range selection, Zero adjustment, and also battery OFF are automatic.
- In "Manual", Range is selected and Zero is set by hand. Battery power stays on.
- External Battery is optional.
- Resolution: 0-2Amp range is 1mA, Zero to 20Amp range is 20mA, Zero to 200Amp range is 100mA MAX resolution.
- Clamps with 24" to 60" inside diameter have 10 mA max. resolution.
- Accuracy is ±1% reading, ±3 digits, ± zero offset due to magnetism. The LCD meter has 3½ digits with ½" high numerals.
- Output for a recorder is ±2 V at full scale input on any range. Overrange is available. AC input current is rejected to less than 5 mA change with 10 A rms - 60 Hz input.