The RMU1ER is a low cost, high reliability device intended to monitor electrical resistance (ER) probes available in both satellite (RMU1ER-I) and cellular (RMU1ER-G) communication configurations. This compact, battery-operated device is small enough to fit inside a standard CP test station and provides accurate measurements of metal loss along with AC and DC potential of the ER probe. The RMU1ER operates for 5+ years from internal, low cost, field-replaceable batteries. This self-powered solution can be used to monitor coupons and bonds without the requirement for nearby line or solar power sources. The RMU1ER has integral high-energy surge suppression and provides unprecedented lightning immunity because there are no connections to electrical ground.
The RMU1ER monitors and transmits five channels of information. An integral IR proximity sensor can be used as a cap open sensor or tamper detection alarm. The RMU1ER measures temperature and internal battery voltage. A user accessible magnetic switch allows the transmission of uniquely identified messages that can be used to record site visit information.
When combined with CorView web analytics platform, pipeline operators can use a network of RMU1ER devices to instantly access measurement data and evaluate overall CP performance to identify areas of concern.
- Low capital equipment cost and high product reliability
- Economical fixed rate operational communication costs
- High measurement accuracy specified over full temperature range
- Operation in -40 to +60°C (-40 to +140°F) temperatures
- IP65 waterproof non-submersible enclosure
- Primary battery will last for 5+ years (reporting plan dependent)
- Datalogger storage of 1 million reading points