The MERLIN CP Monitor is a compact unit housed within, or adjacent to, a Test Station or Bond Box. It collects Cathodic Protection (CP) data and communicates (via either an internal or external antenna) using the cellular network.
MERLIN CP monitors collect CP data automatically, check that it is within specification and report immediately if an alarm threshold is exceeded. They can be deployed anywhere on the pipeline network where it is important to record pipe-to-soil potentials or measurements of bonding or interfering currents.
Alternatively it may simply be that certain measurement points on the pipeline create risks to CP technicians, such as at busy road or rail crossings, or are difficult to access, such as on private land. At these points remote monitoring is very cost-efficient and can improve safety.
Two key features of the Abriox system are:
- Cellular telephone control
- AC monitoring on all channels to identify a possible corrosion threat and protect the workforce from dangerous voltages or currents.
All data is automatically transmitted in a management report to the system HQ where it is available on-line using Abriox’s MERLIN iCPSM software. iCPSM provides access from any Internet-enabled PC to a passwordprotected CP database, unique to each customer. Users can configure and control MERLIN monitors, view CP data in graphical and numerical formats or export data for further analysis and archiving.
- DC and AC monitoring for full corrosion prevention.
- Fully automatic system - data sent in automatically, wirelessly.
- Email or text message alarm when CP levels are inadequate.
- Reduced cost of measurement, especially at remote locations.
- Engineering time freed up for data interpretation and follow-up.
- Reduced risk to workforce at dangerous or remote sites.
- Zero carbon footprint for CP monitoring.
- no vehicle surveys required, fully automatic system.
- Small size for deployment at test stations, bonds etc.