INSULATED PRODUCTS FOR PROTECTION AGAINST GALVANIC AND ELECTROLYTIC CORROSION – MILLIONS IN SERVICE
Economical. Permanent. Reusable! Protects against stray or induced currents.
The integral, one-piece, construction of Georg Fischer Central Plastics ‘O’ ring union features nylon which is molded and bonded on, completely enclosing the flange and flat face. This design uses a return of nylon on the internal surface, which give additional protection against shorts caused by bridging of foreign materials.
The molded nylon is a nonbrittle type which will withstand great impact and shock loads without fracturing. Chemically, this special nylon is unaffected by petroleum oils, greases, gas, brine, water, air, ammonia, and crude, even at temperatures as high as 250° F. Also, the dielectric strength goes far beyond the toughest requirements.
GEORG FISCHER CENTRAL PLASTICS ‘O’ RING INSULATING UNIONS FEATURE LONG-LIFE– FOOL-PROOF INSTALLATION EASE
- Confined ‘O’ Ring Seal: allows union to be reused. Little torque required to make gas-tight seal, yet permits extremely high compression.
- Brass Ring: serves as a bearing surface for the nut, eliminating undue wear or binding on nylon insulation when making-up.
- Leak-Proof Static Seal: the confined gasket makes the seal completely leak-proof. Will not loosen under strain or vibration.
- Forged Steele Nut and Body: made of hot forged AISI 1023 open hearth, “silicon killed” steel.
- Extra Heavy Shoulder: on swivel end and the nut. Increases strength to withstand pipe strains, vibrations, misaligned connections, and wrench abuse.
- Internal one-piece construction: nylon insulation is bonded and molded on metal body. No loose parts to assemble, lose or misalign during field installation.
- Precision Threading: expert machining for exact dimensions.