Carbon steel spacers are available with a thermoplatic powder coating for extra corrosion protection. APS believes that fusion bonded coatings provide the most complete and effective corrosion protection available.
While casing spacers are available in a number of sizes, we are also capable of manufacturing spacers for specific customer requirements. The engineering staff has experience with:
- Placing multiple carriers within one casing
- Positioning thermally insulated pipe without damage to insulation
- Centering small carriers within large casings
- Positioning gravity sewer to on-grade requirements
- Casing spacers for all types and sizes of pipe above 4"
Steel Band Casing Insulators are ideal for use with heavy pipe and long casing sections and are recommended for every 6 to 8 feet of pipeline. They should be utilized inside casing 2 to 3 times larger than the carrier pipe and are available in two widths: Model SI8 (8" wide) for carrier pipe 4" to 24"; and Model SI12 (12" wide) for carrier pipes 26" to 120”and larger.
The band is constructed of 14 gauge steel coated with 10-15 mils of thermoplastic powder coating, with a 90 mil. thick EPDM liner.