Mounted on a test station, the RM4210 measures induced AC voltage, AC current, and associated current density. It also measures DC voltage, DC current, instant-off and current flowing through a decoupling device. These measurements are automatically uploaded to Bullhorn Web via satellite communication. Once uploaded, you can easily monitor them and use them to design andoptimize your AC mitigation systems.
Located at coupon test stations, it measures the induced AC voltage, AC current, and associated current density that can be present on pipelines that are co-located with high-voltage AC power lines. The RM4210 uploads these measurements via satellite to Bullhorn Web, a web-based asset manager, so you can diagnose AC current issues, monitor them over time, and optimize your AC corrosion mitigation systems.
Remote monitoring for:
- AC coupons
- AC and DC current density
- AC and DC pipe-to-soil
- Native pipe-to-soil
- PCR AC current
- Form factor – The RM4210 is a fully integrated unit that can be mounted on any AC/DC coupon test station. All components, including the antenna, are internal so it is easier to transport and install as well as it’s less likely to incur damage that will require a future repair visit.
- Ease of installation – Installing the RM4210 normally takes just a few minutes. Simply connect the pigtail to the test-points, affix it to the top of the test station, and establish communications using Bullhorn® Tools Mobile via Bluetooth. You can then use the Bullhorn Web asset manager to apply detailed configurations from the comfort of your office.
- Accuracy – The RM4210 measures with one percent of reading accuracy all the way through the range with auto-calibration and auto-zero for every measurement. For example, a 1 mV measurement will be accurate within ±10 microvolts. Accuracy is especially critical when using a small AC coupon, as small errors are magnified when the current density is calculated.
- Detailed Reporting – Quickly identify problem areas and ensure mitigation effectiveness using flexible reports and graphs.